Spas Equipped with Ozone Filtration
Use Freshwater Water Care Products
- New Spa or Replacing the Spa Water:
- Start by filling your spa through the filter compartment only before you install the filters.
- Add 4 oz of Freshwater Protect Plus (prevents mineral staining). Run spa for 20 min.
- Using the test strips check the levels of alkalinity and pH.
- If needed, adjust Alkalinity to measure between 100 – 120 ppm
- If needed, adjust pH to measure between 7.2 – 7.6
- Add 3 oz of Hot Springs MPS (chlorine-free oxidizer).
- Place Silver Ion Cartridge* in filter tube
- Add 3 oz of Hot Springs Concentrated Chlorinating Granular.
- Using test strips measure the chlorine levels and re-check the alkalinity and the pH.
- Run Clean Cycle for at least 10 minutes to circulate chemicals.
*Reminder- Replace Silver Ion Cartridge every 4 months (when you change your water)
- Rinse filters with cold water; make sure you get in between all the pleats.
- Spray filters with Minute Rinse and let stand for five (5) minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and place back into the filter compartment.
- Add 2 oz of Protect Plus to the spa.
- Using the test strips check the pH and Alkalinity levels and adjust as needed.
- Add 2 oz of Freshwater MPS* (chlorine free oxidizer).
- Add 2 oz of Freshwater Concentrate Chlorinating granular.
- Using the test strips, test the chlorine levels and re-check the pH and alkalinity levels and adjust accordingly.
- * Add 2 oz Freshwater MPS (chlorine free oxidizer) after each spa use
Printable Guide: Freshwater Water Care Guide
Recommended: one time per month soak the filters in Filter Fresh as per the instructions on the bottle. This will extend the life of the filters and maintain proper spa functions. Check out our blog on water care for more instructions and trouble shooting.